Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, June 25, 2012

Holiday Waffle

See them? ... climbing?

We're not going away these school holidays.... but we have heaps planned.

Both lads have piano exams next term so they are getting up to scratch these holidays.... so that there isn't that last minute panic before the exams. Oh, it does get better!... they're going to wait in the shed while their Mum works ..... ha... no, we do plan to do some exciting things. 

We have sleep overs at friend's places and catch ups with family planned, including a few days down at Gran's climbing more trees and wallowing in the dam shallows looking for lifeforms. 

We're going to hunt down the elusive Bill (where are you Bill?) and hang out at Justine's.

See him? ... waiting? 
Look Olivia, still scoffing your chocolates!

We're also going to try some new recipes. We have the recipe books out ready for attack. Both of my boys are going to leave home with the skills to cook at least 15+ decent meals each.. staple recipes that they can repeat over and over whilst at Uni and while bachelor-padding.. recipes that will ensure  health... and not scurvy or atheroschlerosis. Last night's lesson was in how to cook a creamy seafood pasta dish without cream... it was delicious... overdid the garlic and eschallots a bit...but hey, they were in charge... and I got to sit on the couch and bark orders. I had my back to them so I didn't stress about the mess! 

Do your kiddies have meals that they love to cook? We're up to scratch on Spag Bol, a few slow cooker meals with lamb/chicken, chicken and vege stir-fry, chicken in filo, chicken parmigana (hmmm, lots of chicken) and our favourite... spinach and ricotta cannelloni... or as my little one used to say, 'tannatannelloni'.

Ha, big son just came down and announced that he would do the ironing for me today. At least one daughter-in-law is going to love me..... the little one?... he's another story...still asleep.... and always absent when there are jobs to be done!

We're off to the shed again this morning and then on the bikes this afternoon to compensate. At least I 'compensate'. Back in 'the day', I spent my holidays in a piano practice room at the Uni, where my Mum was a lecturer. There were no Nintendos back then or anything really interesting to do. You'd think I would have mastered my drawing skills... or become a maestro on the piano... but no. 

Oh and before I go, pop on over to 'Habitually Chic' blog today. Heather has featured Gwyneth Paltrow's new digs... 'The House Of Windsor'. Take a deep breath before you go! It's heavenly. HERE.

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...