Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Kitchen Armoire

Via House Beautiful

It is no secret that I have a penchant for free standing furniture in kitchens.


... for pretties...


.... to hide the fridge!.....


.... to store the staples.

From my files

I want to do something like this again.


This was the piece I used last time....



Now I'm hunting for the next one... before I design my kitchen... 

..... something a bit French perhaps?...


... or a little less French?.... with a touch of black?
.... to tie in with the French Industrial Pendant Light I am scheming to go over my black island bench with white marble top?


... something like last time, but with more black? ....
(I love this piece. In real life, it stops one's heart. Big statement, but true.)


See! (sort of real life)



... or something a bit more formal??...


... I can see this in a study..... in a matching pair..


... and this in a hall, with pretty linen in it ...


... study.... or rustic kitchen ...


.... in a kitchen nook?....


... more black accents...


... even more heart-stopping in real life!

I love creating rooms around furniture. When I see a beautiful piece at the trade fairs, I always imagine the room I would build around it. 

I'll start with the kitchen.. but I envisage looking for something for the study.... and maybe a linen armoire for the bathroom. Nice decisions to make.

Do you like to use furniture in utility areas?.... a cabinet in the laundry?... a cupboard in the bathroom?.. an armoire in the kitchen?
Photobucket
PS. All of these beauties, I have sourced for clients and are available through Cape Cod Designs. Just email me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...